[Paraview] volume color transfer table.

Anderson, Lawrence S. LAWRENCE.ANDERSON at utoledo.edu
Wed Nov 5 15:12:12 EST 2014

hi-  i have seen this question on various blogs, but not the answer in a usable form for me...
i provide project data to paraview via vtk legacy files in ascii.  the default color mapping functions provided by paraview do not decouple opacity from color, so i am providing my own look_up table of RGBa values organized in such a way that i can apply different opacities to the same color, and different colors to the same opacity.  it works for surface rendering, but not for volume rendering- i.e. when choosing the volume option, the rendering reverts back to one of the default tables.  how do i apply my scalar color table in the vtk file to volumes?
i could laboriously enter 120x4 values into the paraview mapping editor, but that seems silly...
thank you!
and as i am new to paraview and this list mail option, feel free to refer me to an old post.
-lawrence anderson, university of toledo