[Paraview] Structured Grid: strange view of surface+edges

Michael Grabietz michael.grabietz at img-online.de
Sat Nov 1 02:14:43 EDT 2014

Marco and Utkarsh, Thank you!

I just installed ParaView on a different computer. On this computer I
get no problems with the surface+edges mode. I did not think that it
could be a problem related to the hardware/driver since the structured
grid is more or less quite simple. The problem arise on my laptop with a
Nvidia Quadro FX 770M. I am trying to update the graphics card driver first.

Michael

Am 31.10.2014 18:48, schrieb Utkarsh Ayachit:
> Same for me -- I cannot reproduce the problem. It could potentially be
> a driver/OpenGL issue?
>
> Utkarsh
>
> On Fri, Oct 31, 2014 at 5:20 AM, Marco Nawijn <nawijn at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi Michael,
>>
>> Just for your information. I tried the file with Paraview 4.2.0 on 64 bit
>> linux
>> and see no such artifacts. So the file itself seems to be fine.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Marco
>>

>> On Fri, Oct 31, 2014 at 6:59 AM, Michael Grabietz
>> <michael.grabietz at img-online.de> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I have a structured grid which seems to be well formed. If I load the vtk
>>> file with ParaView 4.2 or 4.1 some strange lines appear if the display mode
>>> surface+edges is selected. See the attached screen shot. For the strange
>>> lines/edges no corresponding lines in the wireframe model can be found. The
>>> modes surface, wireframe or points are looking good. I checked the data
>>> again and again. I cannot find any issue in the structured grid. I have
>>> attached the vtk file and some screenshots.
>>>
>>> I also viewed the grid with a small self-written python application using
>>> VTK 6.1.0. It shows the same behaviour as ParaView.
>>>
>>> At the moment I do not have any idea how to go on. Any help is
>>> appreciated.
>>>
>>> Michael

>>> Powered by www.kitware.com

>>> http://paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView