[Paraview] Creating time dependent data from ascii file

Magician f_magician at mac.com
Tue May 27 12:47:56 EDT 2014

Hi Hedieh,

Usually transient sources are prepared as sequential files (ex. file0000.vtk, file0001.vtk, …).
If you want to read your data as it is, you should use Programmable filter.
But the technique is tricky and heavy to handle.

I think it’s better to split your file as X,Y,Z,V.
You can use CSV Reader bundled in ParaView.
Any texts separated by commas, whitespaces, or other separators are available.

Magician