[Paraview] exporting selection labels to an SVG as editable/movable text-objects

Dr. Roman Grothausmann grothausmann.roman at mh-hannover.de
Thu May 22 06:22:22 EDT 2014

Dear Dave,

Many thanks for fixing the Label exporter issue. It does work with 4.1 to get
the text exported into e.g. an SVG. However, the text is always rendered as
paths (always consists of triangles). Is it also possible to have the text being
exported as actual text-fields (like e.g. gnuplot does) that can be edited with
the text-tool in e.g. inkscape?
This would be especially helpful when rendering axes of objects, exporting these
as SVGs and then letting latex render the text when the SVGs are included in an
article (as described here: http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/info/svg-inkscape).

Many thanks again for looking into this
Roman