[Paraview] How to get version number of ParaView with Python?

Magician f_magician at mac.com
Tue May 20 17:48:25 EDT 2014

Hi Cory, Andy, and Utkarsh,

Thanks for your advices.
I never thought the function is in vtkSMProxyManager.

> I think we need a method on paraview.simple to get the version easily.
That's a good idea!
I hope, for example, paraview.simple.__version__ or paraview.simple.GetVersion() will be implemented.

Magician

On May 21, 2014, at 0:23, Utkarsh Ayachit <utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com> wrote:

> I think we need a method on paraview.simple to get the version easily.
> Having to access the ProxyManager is kinda lame :).
>
> On Tue, May 20, 2014 at 11:05 AM, Andy Bauer <andy.bauer at kitware.com> wrote:
>> Another suggestion instead of looking at version numbers, you may want to
>> just check if the attribute exists with the hasattr() function.
>>

>> On Tue, May 20, 2014 at 10:59 AM, Cory Quammen <cory.quammen at kitware.com>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> paraview.servermanager.vtkSMProxyManager.GetVersionMajor()
>>> paraview.servermanager.vtkSMProxyManager.GetVersionMinor()
>>> paraview.servermanager.vtkSMProxyManager.GetVersionPatch()