[Paraview] Integrate variable filter

Scott, W Alan wascott at sandia.gov
Mon May 19 21:43:45 EDT 2014

Utkarsh/Berk/All,
I have a user that wants to add up all of the forces in a dataset, not volume corrected.  Is there a reason that the Integrate Variable filter can't do this (default off)?  My user just dumped the raw data as a .csv file and read it into excel, which worked.  It would be nicer if ParaView did this internally.

Also, having just poked through the documentation for this filter, from that I could find, it does not explicitly state that the variables are being corrected for volume, area or length.  Documentation should be adjusted to state this.  I finally had to create a hacky test, along with reading the code, to find what this filter does.

Alan