[Paraview] Cell to point, and ghost cells

Scott, W Alan wascott at sandia.gov
Mon May 19 17:42:37 EDT 2014

I have a user that is getting visual artifacts between simulation processor boundaries when using cell to point.  My user is reading two files into ParaView.  He then runs cells to point.  He then colors by a former cell variable, which is now a point variable.  He is seeing artifacts at the boundaries of the two files.   I am only on one processor for ParaView.

These artifacts are being created because we don't have ghost cells around each file's data.  I tried turning piece invariant on in the cell to point filter, but it does nothing.

So, my questions - is this a feature or a bug?  Do we want to fix it?  How hard is it to fix?

Thanks,

Alan