[Paraview] coloring the simulation data based on the size of the mesh cell (UNCLASSIFIED)

Su, Simon M CTR USARMY ARL (US) simon.m.su.ctr at mail.mil
Thu May 15 13:44:55 EDT 2014

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

Hi Berk,

Thanks
-simon

-----Original Message-----
From: Berk Geveci [mailto:berk.geveci at kitware.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 15, 2014 1:43 PM
To: Su, Simon M CTR USARMY ARL (US)
Cc: paraview at paraview.org
Subject: Re: [Paraview] coloring the simulation data based on the size of the
mesh cell (UNCLASSIFIED)

Hi Simon,

You can use the Python calculator:

http://www.paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView/Users_Guide/Python_Calculator

You need an expression like:

area(inputs[0])

or

volume(inputs[0])

Be careful, area and volume are not super accurate for 2nd order or higher
cells currently.

-berk

On Thu, May 15, 2014 at 1:37 PM, Su, Simon M CTR USARMY ARL (US)
<simon.m.su.ctr at mail.mil> wrote:

	Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
	Caveats: NONE

	Hello,

	I would like to color the data based on the size of the mesh cell. Is there
	away to do it in ParaView? In the coloring pull down selection, I can only
	find the variables in the dataset. If I have to compute the size of the mesh
	cell to create a new variable, how would it be done?

	Thanks
	-simon