[Paraview] Error (ignored) during paraview build

Cook, Rich cook47 at llnl.gov
Mon May 12 14:16:24 EDT 2014

I just want to report something I noticed in my paraview builds here.  I always see this during build.  It does not stop the build process because it does not return with a failure code from its parent.  But I assume it's happening to everyone.  I don't really grok the intent of the code so I don't have a viable suggestion for how to fix it, but it caused me to go on a wild goose chase because I mistakenly thought it was the reason for a build failure I was having.  It should probably get fixed.

osmesa: Compiling /tmp/dpkg-mkdeb.2LLRD5URUs/src/ParaView-v4.1.0-Build/lib/site-packages/vtk/web/testing.py ...
osmesa: SyntaxError: ('invalid syntax', ('/tmp/dpkg-mkdeb.2LLRD5URUs/src/ParaView-v4.1.0-Build/lib/site-packages/vtk/web/testing.py', 71, 47, 'TestModuleBrowsers = type("Enum", (), {k: i for i, k in enumerate(test_module_browsers)})\n'))
osmesa:
osmesa: Compiling /tmp/dpkg-mkdeb.2LLRD5URUs/src/ParaView-v4.1.0-Build/lib/site-packages/vtk/web/upload.py ...

--
✐Richard Cook
✇ Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory