[Paraview] Glymph filter limit random mode

Peter Hollenbeck p.hollenbeck at fh-muenster.de
Fri May 9 08:06:37 EDT 2014

Dear Paraview Community,

I have a Problem with the Glyph filter. I get from an experiment a .csv-file
with the velocity in x and y-axis. The .csv-file has 600000 Points.  I
create a structured grid and with the calculator a vector field from the
velocity components.  If I use the random Mode (5000 Points) in the Glyph
filter, paraview show only vectors in the first 10 % of the picture (see
picture "random 5000 points.png"). After deselect random mode an increase
the Points, I get vectors in a greater area.  Has the random mode a point
limit? How I get with random mode vectors in the whole area?

I use paraview 4.1.0 64 bit for Windows 7

Thanks Peter