[Paraview] problems building superbuild

Brock Palen brockp at umich.edu
Fri May 2 15:42:09 EDT 2014

Sebastien,
That helped a lot, and I have sense disabled a few more plugins to get builds to go.  I keep having it error out.  It appears that the top level make in superbuild doesn't respect -j1  so I lose the error message.
I find a little more if I run:  make VERBOSE=1  but still the errors are mixed in with good compiles.

So two quesions, how can I force serial make when debugging where the error is.

Another is one of the errors was not finding a pthread library (linker error pthread_close not defined)  how would I even go about adding -l pthread   to the LDFLAGS for a project like this?

Brock Palen
www.umich.edu/~brockp
CAEN Advanced Computing
XSEDE Campus Champion