[Paraview] Need Programmable Source Help

Joshua Murphy Joshua.Murphy at lasp.colorado.edu
Thu Mar 27 19:19:42 EDT 2014

Hello,

I am trying to create source with the programmable Source with the following script:

from paraview.util import SetOutputWholeExtent

out = self.GetOutput()
newPoints = vtk.vtkPoints()
newArray  = vtk.vtkDoubleArray()
newArray.SetName("newArray")
newArray.SetNumberOfComponents(1)

SetOutputWholeExtent(self, [-90,90,-90,90,0,0])

for j in range(-90,91):
   for i in range(-90,91):
      newPoints.InsertNextPoint(i,j,0)
      newArray.InsertNextValue(i+j)

out.SetPoints(newPoints)
out.GetPointData().AddArray(newArray)

I was trying to create it with a structured grid, but that just causes ParaView to crash when I try to look at the Spreadsheet view.
Creating it as PolyData, it creates just fine, but the only way I can visualize the data in the render view is with glyphs.  Surface and others do not function at all, they just give me a blank screen.

Can someone help me figure out how to make this work?  Is there a better way to create a square 2-D grid like this?

Thanks,
Josh