[Paraview] Export vectorial images in Paraview

David Lonie david.lonie at kitware.com
Wed Mar 26 15:35:46 EDT 2014

On Wed, Mar 26, 2014 at 1:43 PM, Enrique Lizarraga-Garcia <
enrilizaga at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Utkarsh,
>
> Thank you for your reply. However, I still have a similar problem: the bar
> title and the bar numbers are vectorial, whereas the streamlines, glyph,
> etc are all in raster format (see example.pdf attached). Is there any way
> to overcome this?

This option is the one you're looking for: (it may be hidden as advanced,
click on the gear icon on the export dialog to find it)

http://www.kitware.com/blog/home/post/508
"Rasterize 3D geometry: Rasterize all 3D objects in the scene into the
background of the image, overlaying 2D primitives and text. This is a
workaround for a limitation of the vector graphics formats, some of which
cannot handle texture-mapped or translucent 3D objects. This option also
speeds up exporting of large scenes, but should be disabled when possible
for the highest quality images."

Disabling this option will force the geometry to be exported in a vector
format, but may cause issues with color/transparency as described above.

Hope this helps,

Dave