[Paraview] Surface representation inconsistency

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Wed Mar 19 14:21:00 EDT 2014

I don't know how texture coordinates are being used in your application, but I suspect that your overlapping points have different texture coordinates, which is probably creating (intentionally) discontinuous colors. When you merge the points, the texture coordinates get averaged together.

If this is the case, I can't think of a straightforward way to retain the texture coordinates and also create smooth normals.

-Ken