[Paraview] reverse connect from python?

Favre Jean jfavre at cscs.ch
Fri Mar 14 11:45:35 EDT 2014

Hello

I have some reverse-connect configurations running very smoothly from the paraview GUI.

I would now like to add the Connect() call in my python scripts to make everything fully automatic, but cannot find out if it is possible.

http://paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView/Python_Scripting#Connecting_to_a_Server

the link above gives some examples but they don't seem to apply to reverse connections. I'd like at the minimum to "Run script" from my python shell and have it pop up the Server connection window for me to choose a server; or best, specify the name of my csrc:// servers with the appropriate arguments in order to reload a full parallel python session.

Am I asking too much?

Jean/CSCS