[Paraview] Fwd: Question about strain from filter: Compute Derivatives -> Vector -> Strain.... type?

Tim Bhatnagar tim.bhatnagar at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 15:23:10 EDT 2014

Fair enough.... I'd like to think that since the infinitesimal strain
tensor is just a simplified version of the Green-Lagrange tensor (really,
some usually-small terms just get assumed to be zero), that the Paraview
designers utilized a fully-designed Green-Lagrange formulation, which will
approximate to the infinitesimal strain tensor then the strains are small...

But it'd be great to get a definitive answer.. otherwise I ened to think
about creating my own filter to determine the finite strain tensor.

Thanks for the comment,

Tim