[Paraview] Where is the properties file for ParaViewWeb?

David Torres david.torres at renuda.com
Thu Mar 13 13:01:06 EDT 2014

Hello,
in Linux using apt-get, and started the

I am starting with ParaViewWeb. I installed Paraview 4.1.0. in Linux using apt-get, and started the ParaViewWeb server using the guide in [1].

I found is working very slow, even in local (2-5fps I think). And I read that I could play with images quality but I don't know where can I change them. Here [2] says there is a file called pw-config.properties which I couldn't find (I used `find / -name pw-config.properties`). I guess it belongs to a previous ParaView version.

Then, my question is: where is the properties file in 4.1.0 and what is its name? Will I be able to change the quality of the images there?

By the way, I tried the script provided in 'Simple Install' section in [1]. It has a mistake in the line 15.
It is:
`data = "ParaViewData-v4.1.zip"`
and it should be
`data = "ParaViewData-v4.1.0.zip"`

However, after correcting that, is still failing in line 160 at some point (at least in Linux) and I couldn't find the error.

Thank you in advance for your help.

[1] http://www.paraview.org/ParaView3/Doc/Nightly/www/js-doc/index.html#!/guide/quick_start
[2] http://www.paraview.org/Wiki/ParaViewWeb_Server_setting

Best regards,

David Torres

Computer Scientist
Renuda UK

tel: +44 (0)20 3371 1709
web: www.renuda.com

<http://www.renuda.com/>

Renuda UK is registered in England and Wales.  Company number 6218863.
VAT registration number 918 6490 91. Registered office: 35 Charleville Road, London W14 9JJ, UK.
Renuda registered trade mark.