[Paraview] error loading server-side plugin

Favre Jean jfavre at cscs.ch
Tue Mar 11 07:56:57 EDT 2014

Folks

I have a paraview installed on a server, without the GUI compiled, i.e. only pvserver, and pvbatch.

Without any error, I can use my desktop pvpython, and do

from paraview.simple import *
paraview version 4.1.0
Connect("pilatus25.abc.abc.ch")
Connection (cs://pilatus25.abc.abc.ch:11111) [2]
LoadPlugin("/apps/pilatus/ParaView/4.1-gallium/lib/paraview-4.1/libEyeDomeLightingView.so", ns=globals())
# this, or any other plugin

I can also use the Python shell in my desktop paraview to load the remote plugin with LoadPlugin()

the problem comes when I use the tools->Manage Plugins->Remote Plugins->Load Selected.

I get a QT error:

ERROR: In /scratch/abc/ParaView-v4.1.0/ParaViewCore/ClientServerCore/Core/vtkPVPluginLoader.cxx, line 302
vtkPVPluginLoader (0x24cb5e0): libvtkpqComponents-pv4.1.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

of course on the server side, paraview was not compiled with QT. However, as said, I can load the remote plugin in pvpython, or the paraview python shell, and I can use these plugings with success.

Is there a way to fix the error and use the "Manage Plugins" menu for server-side plugins when the server has no QT?