[Paraview] Rendering in parallel

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Mon Jun 30 10:21:53 EDT 2014

Jeremy,

Like the other parallel processing in ParaView, the efficiency is dictated by the distribution of the data. If your data distribution is highly imbalanced such as when all the data is on one process as in your case, then all the processing will happen where the data is and the rest of the processors will remain idle.

You could try running the D3 filter. That should redistribute the point data more evenly.

-Ken