[Paraview] [EXTERNAL] pvserver on multiple nodes

Scott, W Alan wascott at sandia.gov
Thu Jun 19 13:14:07 EDT 2014

We do a reverse connect.  Thus, the server is connecting to the client.  For us, start the client, which will hang waiting for the server.  Start all of the servers, reverse connect, passing it the name of the client machine.  The specific commands are in the docs I mentioned.

Sort of like this:
In directory lib/paraview-4.1, create a file named default_servers.pvsc.  Put in it:

<Servers>
<Server name="Manual-Script" owner="user" resource="csrc://localhost" >
<ManualStartup/>
</Server>

</Servers>

paraview --server=Manual-Script --connect-id=123 &
(get your nodes, run pvserver on your nodes) .../pvserver --use-offscrean-rendering -rc -ch=client-machine-name -connect-id=123

We don't change ports, but there is a command in ParaView to change ports.  Normally, ParaView connects on 11111 by default.

Alan