[Paraview] Client - Server , Linux -- slow dialog boxes, though the rendering seems ok?

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Tue Jun 10 07:13:38 EDT 2014

Is it just the opening of the file dialog box that's slow or are there
any other operations that are slow too? If it's just the dialog, then
it may a because of the file system? Parallel file systems can be
notoriously slow for operations like directory listings. The dialog
does try to list the "current" directory and as well as get
information about the listed files/directories. Could that potentially
be the problem?

Utkarsh