[Paraview] CSV data volume rendering

Géraud Vaurs vaurs.geraud at free.fr
Thu Jul 24 03:27:57 EDT 2014

Good morning,

I am a new user of Paraview and I am requesting your support regarding volume rendering.

I have a set of data included in a CSV file. The data looks like:

                X             Y             Z             C (Value to be represented)

The C value typically represents particle concentration.

My ultimate goal would be to display a volume with color and opacity being directly linked to C (particle concentration).

I managed to import my data in ParaView and then used the “Tetrahedralize” filter to get an unstructured Grid.

I am able to display my points (using “Points” representation) such that the color of each point depends on its C value. However, changing representation to “Volume” just lead to nothing being displayed.

Obviously I am missing something. Do you have an idea about how to get my volume?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Géraud Vaurs