[Paraview] get the sum of a cell or point variable (UNCLASSIFIED)

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Tue Jul 22 16:26:39 EDT 2014

Simon,

So there are two types of Python scripts in ParaView: the data processing
(which goes in programmable filter, python calculator etc.) and the
client-side. For automation, you'd be interested in the scripting the
client. For that, you have WriteData() (or something like that) in the
simple.py module (
http://www.paraview.org/ParaView3/Doc/Nightly/www/py-doc/paraview.simple.html).
It's not there yet, the code went in git/master earlier today. But you'll
be able to use Python trace to determine what call to use :).

Utkarsh