[Paraview] Resampling to a uniform grid

Kares, Robert J rjk at lanl.gov
Wed Jul 9 18:06:32 EDT 2014

Folks,

I would like to resample a scalar field defined on an unstructured
grid in 3D onto a uniform rectangular 3D grid with specified logical and
physical dimensions.

It seems from the ParaView filters documentation that this can
somehow be done using the Resample With Dataset filter. It appears
to me that the procedure involves generating a uniform rectangular
grid in some fashion and then feeding it to the Resample With Dataset
filter along with the unstructured grid containing the scalar to be
resampled.

However, I am confused about just how to make the rectangular grid of
specified size in the first place and about how to use it with the Resample With Dataset
filter.

Could someone explain to me how to do this ?

Thanks,

                                       --Bob