[Paraview] connectivity errors

Angelini, Richard C (Rick) CIV USARMY ARL (US) richard.c.angelini.civ at mail.mil
Wed Jul 9 09:02:11 EDT 2014

I¹m setting up Paraview client/server  on a new Cray XC30 system.   I have
a totally clean build on Paraview on the Cray side, but I can¹t get the
client-server connection to work, and I¹m seeing a strange error.   It
looks like the client-server connection is being established, and then the
client crashes with this error:

Accepting connection(s): my-client-host:53484
ERROR: In
/Users/kitware/Dashboards/MyTests/NightlyMaster/ParaViewSuperbuild-Release/
paraview/src/paraview/ParaViewCore/ServerImplementation/Core/vtkSIProxyDefi
nitionManager.cxx, line 565
vtkSIProxyDefinitionManager (0x113fe5fc0): No proxy that matches:
group=misc and proxy=StrictLoadBalancing were found.

Segmentation fault

On the server side,  I¹m getting a more standard connectivity error:

Client connected.
ERROR: In
/p/home/angelini/PV/Build_4.1.0_osmesa/paraview/src/paraview/VTK/Parallel/C
ore/vtkSocketCommunicator.cxx, line 812
vtkSocketCommunicator (0xe2b930): Could not receive tag. 1

I know that the communication path from the compute nodes to the client
workstation is valid because VisIt and Ensight both work on this system.

Any ideas?

Rick Angelini
USArmy Research Laboratory
CISD/HPC Architectures Team