[Paraview] Table to Points and Threshold filter

Fabian Nick fabian.nick at scai.fraunhofer.de
Mon Jan 27 06:06:16 EST 2014

Hi everyone,

I am new to ParaView and the following question has come up:

I have a file with a certain number of points as coordinates and integers between 1 and 5 assigned to every point. I.e. each row of the file looks like

x,y,int

x and y being the 2D coordinates, int the integer between 1 and five.

Now I saved this file as mesh.csv and imported this file into ParaView.
Next I added a "TableToPoints" filter, setting X Column to x, Y Column to y and Z Column to int.
I checked "2D points" and "Keep All Data Arrays".
When I choose "int" in the Coloring section I see all my points in different colors according to the integer I've assigned them. So far so good.

Now I want to display only those points, which have been assigned a value between 2 and 5, for example. So I added a thershold filter, set it to visible, choose "int" from the Scalars Dropdown menu and set Minimum and Maximum to 2 and 5 respectively. However, although I've set the TableToPoints layer to invisible, I still see ALL the points (just not colored any more). I only want to see those with values between 2 and 5 though... So what am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Fabian