[Paraview] XDMF HyperSlab

ramiz.azadaliyev at ipt.fraunhofer.de ramiz.azadaliyev at ipt.fraunhofer.de
Thu Jan 23 10:28:55 EST 2014

Hello everyone.

Does anybody have a working file with Hyperslabs?
 I can't get it work. I can only specify the number of points to show, but
it is always the first 2,3,.. 1000 points. I can't make proper subsets.
When I follow the example from the XDMF documentation, then nothing works
at all.

This is the code I use.
<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<!DOCTYPE Xdmf SYSTEM "Xdmf.dtd" []>
<Xdmf Version="2.0">
 <Domain>
          <Grid Name="mesh1" GridType="Uniform" >
         <Topology TopologyType="Polyvertex" Dimensions="4"/>
         <Geometry GeometryType="X_Y_Z">
            <DataItem ItemType="HyperSlab" Dimensions="4"
Type="HyperSlab">
               <DataItem Dimensions="3" Format="XML">
                0 1 4
               </DataItem>
               <DataItem Dimensions="5" Name="X" NumberType="Float"
Format="XML">
                 0 5 4 6 13
               </DataItem>
            </DataItem>
            <DataItem ItemType="HyperSlab" Dimensions="4"
Type="HyperSlab">
               <DataItem Dimensions="3" Format="XML">
                0 1 4
               </DataItem>
               <DataItem Dimensions="5" Name="Y" NumberType="Float"
Format="XML">
                 0 2.7 4 6 13
               </DataItem>
            </DataItem>
            <DataItem ItemType="HyperSlab" Dimensions="4"
Type="HyperSlab">
               <DataItem Dimensions="3" Format="XML">
                0 1 4
               </DataItem>
               <DataItem Dimensions="5" Name="Z" NumberType="Float"
Format="XML">
                 0 2.1 4 6 13
               </DataItem>
            </DataItem>
         </Geometry>
       </Grid>
 </Domain>
</Xdmf>

Any Ideas?
Thank you
Ramiz

Fraunhofer-Institut für Produktionstechnologie IPT
Ramiz Azadaliyev

Steinbachstraße 17
52074 Aachen

ramiz.azadaliyev at ipt.fraunhofer.de