[Paraview] Scene exporter development : Information and resources

Nicholas Yue yue.nicholas at gmail.com
Sun Jan 19 00:08:07 EST 2014

Hi,

     I am exploring the possibility of writing additional exporter for
Paraview 4.1 e.g. for Renderman and Arnold. I will most likely base it
on POV.

     Which URL should I start with ? I have found this
http://paraview.org/Wiki/Exporting_Scenes but could not find additional
resources from a developer's perspective i.e. information about
registration of plugin/functionality etc.

     I am familiar with building using CMake and have written and
participated in VTK->RIB in the past (long time ago [C++]).

     I am guessing that with Paraview, most things are done via Python.

Cheers

--
Nicholas Yue
Graphics - RenderMan, Visualization, OpenGL, HDF5