[Paraview] Paraview 4.1 with external tiff library

Mathias Anselmann mathias.anselmann at gmail.com
Wed Jan 15 11:45:45 EST 2014

Hello,
I have a problem with compiling Paraview 4.1 using my own libtiff
(version 4.0.3, cmake flag VTK_USE_SYSTEM_TIFF=ON) and visitbridge
plugin (cmake flag PARAVIEW_USE_VISITBRIDGE=ON). When I try to compile
Paraview with these flags, it fails with

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lvtktiff

a shortened compilation output can be found here:

http://sprunge.us/dUTT

If I set VTK_USE_SYSTEM_TIFF to OFF Paraview compiles fine and works.
I coult compile Paraview 4.0.1 with my own tiff library so I suspect a
bug in Paraview 4.1?
A similiar bug has been reported already for Paraview 3 here:

http://vtk.org/Bug/view.php?id=12849

Can anybody help me with this problem?
Thanks and greetings,
Mathias