[Paraview] ParticleTracer particle lifetime

Biddiscombe, John A. biddisco at cscs.ch
Tue Jan 14 17:07:32 EST 2014

>Note that if you jump around in time, the particle filter can be very
>slow specially with time dependent data. It has to regenerate the
>particle paths for all of the times in between if you do that, which
>means loading a lot of data from disk. It should be relatively fast
>when animating forward in time.

Berk

It used to work just fine jumping around in time - and I implemented it
that way so that one could do just that - setting up animations to look
just right often requires that kind of playing (and I’m quite upset that
it isn’t possible now). Since you chaps messed around with it, it’s awful,
and implementing the time steps as a recursive call is really dreadful.
Debugging the particle tracer now means stack traces of many thousands of
lines.

Just my grumpy 2c.

JB