[Paraview] Hanging nodes

Adam Læssøe aalasso at gmail.com
Fri Feb 21 16:00:21 EST 2014

I have an Ensight Case formated project (exported from Fluent with mesh
created by ICEM). the mesh is hexahedral, but contains several refinement
levels. I.e. there is a bunch of hanging nodes. At these refinement jumps
(if it matters, all of them are 1:2), Paraview makes 'holes' in the
renderings (see attached image). I found this older post (
http://www.paraview.org/pipermail/paraview/2013-April/027962.html), which
is my best guess for an answer as to what is going on. To test, I tried
Tetrahedralize on the entire input. This does remove the holes, but it
makes the rendered surface a lot more faceted. I have not been able to
figure out how to apply it to only the relevant cells.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

/adam

[image: Inline images 1]