[Paraview] XDMF Hyperslab in "Geometry" with Stride NOT Equal to 1 and a nonzero Start

ramiz.azadaliyev at ipt.fraunhofer.de ramiz.azadaliyev at ipt.fraunhofer.de
Thu Feb 20 10:52:36 EST 2014

Hi everyone,

I have seen some hyperslab examples, unfortunately they have this format:
Start =0 Stride = 1 End = the last element.
that works fine, but it does not do anything useful. One can just put the
entire dataset and write less code.
when I try to use stride = 2 or Start = 10,  or anything of that sort, I
get really strange results in ParaView. (some points are omitted,
coordinates are shifted)
Also, XML does not behave as XDMF. The resuls are not the same.
Would anybody have working example for a HyperSlab in "Geometry" that is a
part of a Dataset,

Best regards,

Ramiz

Fraunhofer-Institut für Produktionstechnologie IPT
Ramiz Azadaliyev

Steinbachstraße 17
52074 Aachen

ramiz.azadaliyev at ipt.fraunhofer.de