[Paraview] Load state error with MPAS Ocean NetCDFReader data type

Wolfram, Phillip J pwolfram at lanl.gov
Tue Feb 18 10:44:22 EST 2014

Thanks Andy!
Phillip

On Feb 18, 2014, at 8:32 AM, Andy Bauer <andy.bauer at kitware.com<mailto:andy.bauer at kitware.com>> wrote:

Hi Phillip,

Yes, if you recompile with the patch it will solve the problem. This fix will make it into ParaView 4.2 (there may be a patch release of 4.1 and I'll see if I can get it into that as well but I can't guarantee that). The Python script would be a potential band-aid for covering ParaView 4.1 (I'm not 100% sure it will do exactly what you want).

As for building ParaView, both the regular ParaView build and superbuild use CMake. The main difference is that with ParaView's CMake build you'll have to find all dependent libraries and possibly build or install them yourself. The superbuild will get all of the dependent libraries and also build them. If you're not that comfortable with building ParaView you may be able to get John to do it since he's done it on a wide variety of platforms.

Regards,
Andy