[Paraview] Multipiece unstructured grid field data (PVTU reader)

Yves Rogez yves.rogez at obs.ujf-grenoble.fr
Fri Feb 14 04:56:46 EST 2014

Hello,

I've saved data as multi piece unstructured grid (pvtu) format which is
composed of a set of vtu files and one pvtu.
When I load the pvtu using a vtkPXMLUnstructuredGridReader, I get the
compound data of all the vtu files. This is true for point and cell
data, but field data does not have the same behaviour. Indeed, it seems
that only the last vtu file field data appears in the final data set.

I see in the vtk sources that the code used for field data is a little
bit different (as seen in int vtkXMLPDataReader::ReadPieceData()in file
vtkXMLPDataReader.cxx:380). Field data use a simple copy for each piece,
and point/cell data use specific methods that offsets the memcpy of
arrays for each piece in the resulting data set...

Is there a mean to get the compound field data in final data set ? How
can I retrieve all my pieces field data ?

Thanks in advance for your support,

Yves