[Paraview] VRUI connection ParaView Crash

Emiliano Pastorelli hogancito at gmail.com
Thu Feb 13 02:32:31 EST 2014

Hi,

after some time in which i had to dedicate myself to other software, i
finally had a chance to come back to paraview to work and develop on it.
I'm trying to re-set it up on my 3-screens VR setup with magnetic
tracking of the user position and wand and a wiimote to get the buttons.
I have a VRUI server that joins the tracker and the wiimote, but there
seems to be no way to get it working in ParaView.

I tried with a VRPN server and it works correctly, tracking and all, but
unfortunately i need the VRUI one to join buttons. As soon as i
configure everything in the VRPlugin (i tried both ways, through the GUI
and through the state file) and I start it, paraview gets stuck, mouse
pointer hourglass shaped and no sign of life nor error message until i
have to kill the process.

I tried with the 3.98 and the 4.0, with the 4.1 i seem to have a
mismatching between the client and server version and therefore the
handshake seems to fail because of that.

Any idea?

Best,