[Paraview] trouble with automatically running multi-core on Windows 7

Andy Bauer andy.bauer at kitware.com
Mon Feb 10 16:34:18 EST 2014

I'm using ParaView 4.1 from the installers on Windows 7 and I went to
Settings and ParaView to startup with multi-core enabled. When I run start
up ParaView I get the output below and it ends up running with the built-in
server. Any ideas what's wrong? I don't have any other versions of ParaView
installed on my machines and I cleared out my ParaView settings file.

ERROR: In
C:\DBD\pvs-x64\paraview\src\paraview\VTK\Parallel\Core\vtkSocketCommunicator.cxx,
line 615

vtkSocketCommunicator (000000000B7CB5B0): Client/server version hash
mismatch.

ERROR: In
C:\DBD\pvs-x64\paraview\src\paraview\ParaViewCore\ClientServerCore\Core\vtkTCPNetworkAccessManager.cxx,
line 333

vtkTCPNetworkAccessManager (0000000008C290F0): Failed to connect to
localhost:49185. Client-Server Handshake failed. Please verify that the
client and server versions are compatible with each other, and that
'connect-id', if any, matches.

ERROR: In
C:\DBD\pvs-x64\paraview\src\paraview\ParaViewCore\ServerManager\Core\vtkSMSessionClient.cxx,
line 260

vtkSMSessionClient (000000000A9CFAF0): Some error in socket processing.

Generic Warning: In
C:\DBD\pvs-x64\paraview\src\paraview\ParaViewCore\ServerManager\Core\vtkSMSession.cxx,
line 315

Failed to automatically launch 'pvserver' for multi-core support.
Defaulting to local session.