[Paraview] Multi-core custom applications

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Mon Feb 10 16:17:51 EST 2014

On Mon, Feb 10, 2014 at 4:13 PM, Burlen Loring <burlen.loring at gmail.com> wrote:
> right, but just as the current multicore makes it easy for the user, this
> would all happen automatically as PV starts. So when multicore is on, the
> baked in multicore pvsc dialog is presented as pv starts, the user reviews
> the defaults, and hits OK, and pv starts up connected to a server. same as
> multicore is now, but with the possibility to review the run parameters.

That is pretty much what I meant by adding support for a "default
server". Only difference being the user could change that from the
settings dialog after which when paraview starts up, it will
automatically try to connect to the "default server" selected, instead
of builtin, complete with all the prompts etc.