[Paraview] PV4.1.0 bug in GUI for Contour filter

Insley, Joseph A. insley at anl.gov
Tue Feb 4 17:34:11 EST 2014

Hi,

 I just ran across what looks to be a bug in the GUI of the Contour filter.  When the contour filter is created for a data object, by default the isosurface value is populated with the median value.  The PV4.1.0 GUI has a "+" and "-" for adding/deleting isofurface values.  I accidentally clicked the "-" without first selecting a value, and ParaView crashes and gives the following error:

ASSERT failure in QVector<T>::at: "index out of range", file /home/utkarsh/Dashboards/MyTests/NightlyMaster/ParaViewSuperbuild-Release/install/include/QtCore/qvector.h, line 351
Aborted (core dumped)

I've tested this with Mac and Linux PV4.1.0 binaries, using the Wavelet source, and get the same results.
The GUI for PV4.0.1 has a "Delete Value" and "Delete All" button instead of the "-".  Clicking Delete Value while no values are selected does not cause the crashing behavior.  Clicking Delete All works as expected.

Thanks,
joe

joseph a. insley                                                      insley at anl.gov<mailto:insley at anl.gov>
argonne leadership computing facility             (630) 252-5649
argonne national laboratory