[Paraview] Vector with more than 3 components?

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Tue Feb 4 14:18:06 EST 2014

Christoph,

You shouldn't mark that array as "vectors", nor as scalars. It's
totally acceptable to have point-data arrays that are not marked as
scalars/vectors e.g. in the vtu file attached to the bug report, I can
simply change
<PointData Vectors="u"> to <PointData> and everything works as
expected without errors. Vectors are expected to be 3 component. There
are no limitations on un-classified point/cell data arrays, however.

Hope that helps.
Utkarsh