[Paraview] ParaView python in a generic python

Andy Bauer andy.bauer at kitware.com
Tue Feb 4 10:09:43 EST 2014

Hi Alan,

Are they working from a version of ParaView that used the installers?
That's what I'm assuming for my next comments. For Mac I think they need to
use DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH instead of LD_LIBRARY_PATH. I tried going through to
do this myself and wasn't able to completely do it but was getting further
along. Basically I opened a Python shell and tried manually importing the
parts in servermanager.py. I'm not in front of a Mac right now so I can't
point you to all of the paths I was using but basically I would add parts
to the DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH and then do another import where if would give me
more informative errors (things like can't find library /X/Y/Z/xxx.so).

Not a full solution but maybe enough to get you going in the proper
direction.

Regards,
Andy