[Paraview] Calculating the distance between two surfaces as a function of time during large deformation process

Scott, W Alan wascott at sandia.gov
Tue Dec 23 15:02:25 EST 2014

I have a user that asked the following question.  Any ideas how to do this?

Thanks,

Alan

Greetings,

I need to quantify the distance between two curved and deforming surfaces (large deformation mechanical analysis) as a function of time in batch mode. I don't know (and don't want to know) which two node points are the closest. Could you outline how you would code up something like this ?

George