[Paraview] EnSightReader: Change input file

Ian Krukow i.krukow at tu-braunschweig.de
Sat Dec 20 04:09:46 EST 2014

Hi Dan,

thanks for the patch, but unfortunately I have not been able to test it
yet, though I tried different things.

I work with pvpython on a compute server with Ubuntu 12.04. For
configuration I have CMake 2.8.7, and I built ParaView 3.14.1 a while
ago. For ParaView 4.2, I need at least CMake 2.8.8, but I could not get
it to work on that system. Our admin supposed that there might be
library problems between Ubuntu 12.04 and newer CMake versions, and it
may not work at all. Therefore I could not build ParaView 4.2.

I tried applying the patch to ParaView 3.14.1 instead, but I had the
same result as before. Maybe it is just not the right thing to do, I am
not familiar with these things.

Then I switched to my desktop PC with Windows 7, where I set up the
building process. When I run the configuration in CMake, as soon as I
enable python, I get the error

CMake Error at VTK/CMake/ExternalData.cmake:176 (add_test):
   add_test given test NAME "pvpythonPython-TestAnnotateAttributeData"
   which already exists in this directory.
Call Stack (most recent call first):
   VTK/CMake/vtkTestingMacros.cmake:431 (ExternalData_add_test)
   CMake/ParaViewTestingMacros.cmake:44 (vtk_add_test_python)
   Applications/ParaView/Testing/Python/CMakeLists.txt:82
(paraview_add_test_pvbatch)

even without the patch. Can you tell me what to do about it?

Kind regards
Ian