[Paraview] Multi-block Inspector - unexpected result

Bob Flandard bflandard at gmail.com
Tue Dec 16 14:09:22 EST 2014

Greetings,

When using the Multi-block Inspector I see behavior that I don't expect.
After setting colors and opacity for individual blocks, if the model is
then colored by a nodal scalar variable the solid colors persist. This
isn't what happens if I add an extract block filter for each block. It
gives weird effects if opacity is less than 1 in a block, where other
blocks (not transparent) viewed through the transparent block are rendered
by the scalar variable, but if viewed directly are rendered in the
prescribed solid color.

Is this a expected?

I'm using the latest stable 4.2 on Windows 7 x64, with an EnSight Gold
format reader.

Thanks, Bob