[Paraview] Cannot read point data array "Velocity" from PointData in piece 0.

Payman Tohidifar payman.che at gmail.com
Sat Dec 13 15:51:36 EST 2014

Hi,

I'm trying to write my particles positions and their velocities in vtu
format. However, when I load my data in paraview, it gives me the following
error:

ERROR: In
/Users/kitware/Dashboards/MyTests/NightlyMaster/ParaViewSuperbuild-Release-Python27/paraview/src/paraview/VTK/IO/XML/vtkXMLDataReader.cxx,
line 434

vtkXMLUnstructuredGridReader (0x7ff4adfbcbc0): Cannot read point data array
"Velocity" from PointData in piece 0. The data array in the element may be
too short.

I read in another post that changing Float32 to Float64 might help, but it
did not. Any help will be appreciated. Also, I can send my cpp code.

Thanks,

Payman