[Paraview] RGB color coding

Casey Goodlett casey.goodlett at kitware.com
Fri Aug 29 15:11:18 EDT 2014

Hi all,

I often do something similar when reading data originally from a text
table.  In this case I need to turn 3 arrays into a single 3-component
uchar array for the purpose of RGB coloring.  I found that I can also use
the following python calculator expression to accomplish this goal
(assuming the arrays are named 'R', 'G', 'B' respectively).  This assumes
the values are already scaled between 0-255.

hstack([inputs[0].PointData['R'], inputs[0].PointData['G'],
inputs[0].PointData['B']]).astype(uint8)

--
Casey B. Goodlett, Ph.D.
Technical Leader