[Paraview] Transparent (alpha based) backgrounds

Scott, W Alan wascott at sandia.gov
Tue Aug 19 18:10:02 EDT 2014

Although Alpha channel based transparent backgrounds will be announced in Kitware's upcoming release notes, I have an example I just used for testing.  Here is what our new save animation and save screenshot can create.

ParaView master.  Edit/ Settings/ General/ Set whether screenshots use an alpha... should be ON.
I then saved two datasets - can and bake.  One version of bake has had colors reversed.
Using gimp, I then added a world map as the background, and added the two datasets on top.

Alan