[Paraview] vector in netcdf files

Matthias Wiesenberger Matthias.Wiesenberger at uibk.ac.at
Tue Aug 19 10:50:31 EDT 2014

Hi guys,

it's probably a simple question, but I can't find any information on the
web (or I don't know where to look for). How do I write (time-dependent)
data in netcdf-4 such that paraview recognizes it as a vector field. I
tried to write it in a single 5-dimensional dataset and also tried to
write the components seperately but I think I am missing the proper
attribute names or something. With the 5D array paraview tells me that
there are too many dimensions and I don't know how to tell paraview that
three scalar datasets are the components of a vector field.
Can you help me?
Best
Matthias

--
Matthias Wiesenberger

University of Innsbruck, Austria
Institut für Ionen- und angewandte Physik
Technikerstrasse 25/3, A-6020 Innsbruck

Tel.: +43 (0)512 507 52725
E-Mail: Matthias.Wiesenberger at uibk.ac.at