[Paraview] Catalyst edition: no proxy for XMLPPolyDataWriter found

Lars Bilke lars.bilke at ufz.de
Mon Aug 18 09:42:13 EDT 2014

Dear ParaView users,
I have created a custom catalyst edition (see attached manifest). It is basically the same as the Extras-edition with some parts removed. I have integrated a catalyst adaptor into my application. Everything builds and links fine. Now I want to use a python coprocessing pipeline (see attached script). When running I get the following output:

Generic Warning: In /Users/bilke/code/catalyst/fem-python/ParaViewCore/ClientServerCore/Core/vtkProcessModuleInitializePython.h, line 254
Non-app bundle in install directory not supported

Error: Could not import vtkCommonComputationalGeometryPython
Error: Could not import vtkRenderingCorePython
Error: Cannot import vtkPVServerManagerDefaultPython
Error: Cannot import vtkPVServerManagerRenderingPython
Error: Cannot import vtkPVAnimationPython
ERROR: In /Users/bilke/code/catalyst/fem-python/ParaViewCore/ServerImplementation/Core/vtkSIProxyDefinitionManager.cxx, line 565
vtkSIProxyDefinitionManager (0x7ff1c9527d70): No proxy that matches: group=filters and proxy=XMLPPolyDataWriter were found.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 2, in <module>
  File "Slice.py", line 73, in DoCoProcessing
  File "/Users/bilke/code/catalyst/build-fem-python/lib/site-packages/paraview/coprocessing.py", line 103, in UpdateProducers
    self.CreatePipeline(datadescription)
  File "Slice.py", line 29, in CreatePipeline
  File "Slice.py", line 17, in _CreatePipeline
  File "Slice.py", line 23, in Pipeline
  File "/Users/bilke/code/catalyst/build-fem-python/lib/site-packages/paraview/coprocessing.py", line 280, in CreateWriter
    return self.RegisterWriter(writer, filename, freq)
  File "/Users/bilke/code/catalyst/build-fem-python/lib/site-packages/paraview/coprocessing.py", line 234, in RegisterWriter
    writer, filename, freq)
  File "/Users/bilke/code/catalyst/build-fem-python/lib/site-packages/paraview/coprocessing.py", line 252, in WriterParametersProxy
    proxy.GetProperty("Input").SetInputConnection(
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute ‚GetProperty'

Why is the writer proxy searched in the filters group? It should be in the writers group right?

Thanks for your help!