[Paraview] [ParaView] Unofficial ParaView 4.1.0 SDK for Windows 32 and 64-bit (UNCLASSIFIED)

David Thompson david.thompson at kitware.com
Tue Aug 12 09:37:21 EDT 2014

> Thanks. And per Robert, ParaView binaries are done with vs2008 due to Python
> build system. I tried to build python 2.7.8 (the very last dependency
> library) with vs2013 express but failed miserably (even with what Gerson
> Kurz how to list to build python 3.3.4 with Visual Studio 2013). Thankfully
> I was able to find the link to download vs2008 express iso.

David Sansome and JC Fillion-Robin have created a CMake-ified version of Python that will build with other versions of VS:

  https://github.com/davidsansome/python-cmake-buildsystem/

but currently (as of a month ago) it does not support debug builds -- which is something we most probably require before moving ParaView to use it.

	David