[Paraview] [ParaView] Unofficial ParaView 4.1.0 SDK for Windows 32 and 64-bit

Bruno Santos bruno.santos at bluecape.com.pt
Fri Aug 8 12:59:52 EDT 2014

As far as I can understand/deduce:

 1. The ParaView dev team switched from Open-MPI 1.6.2 backwards to
    1.4.4, precisely because the support was dropped. I guess the 1.4.4
    version provided a more stable'ish working version than 1.6.2.
 2. MS-MPI originated from MPICH2 source code for Windows. And MPICH2 is
    no longer supported on Windows, because MS-MPI is the go-to build of
    MPICH2 for Windows.
 3. Problem is that the source code for the current MS-MPI builds does
    not seem to be publicly available, which might be why ParaView isn't
    linking to it in the first place. Although I vaguely remember a
    ParaView version that was linked to a stub MPI, possibly because of
    that...